Men all around the world are feeling the heat of COVID 19. Many men including myself never ever have stepped inside of the Kitchen to cook something.
Yesterday, This dependency of food on others had to end for me. So I chose to cook the easiest option after Maggi which is the ‘Indian Omelette’. Thanks to Allreceipe.com
You can also cook this for your family and loved ones & thank them for everything they do for you.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cheese if required, Shredded
How to make it?
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Place onion and bell pepper inside of the skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are just tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking beat the eggs with the milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Shred the cheese into a small bowl and set it aside.
- Remove the vegetables from heat, transfer them to another bowl and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over them.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter (in the skillet just used to cook the vegetables) over medium heat. Coat the pan with the butter. When the butter is bubbly add the egg mixture and cook the egg for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan. Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow toward the edges and cook. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the center of the omelet starts to look dry.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and spoon the vegetable mixture into the center of the omelet. Using a spatula gently fold one edge of the omelet over the vegetables. Let the omelette cook for another two minutes or until the cheese melts to your desired consistency. Slide the omelette out of the skillet and onto a plate. Cut in half and serve.
Just try this, its worth the independency for food at least.
PS. I am very much thankful to all the women in my life who have cooked great food for me. My Mother, My Wife, My Aunt, My Cook Thank you everyone to keep me well fed & Nourished.
Rushabh Thakker | TheFineMen